Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Wonders Never Cease Peeing

It being an absolutely stunningly beautiful day, I decided to walk to work. Door to door, this took me an hour. On the way, I passed through the edge of a park, where a woman carrying what I assumed was a baby wrapped in a blanket was walking in front of me. Not a very maternal-looking mother, but hey, she was taking it to the park. And besides, I saw the head of a stuffed animal hanging out the side of the blanket. The stuffed animal turned and blinked at me, and licked its lips. Hm, I thought, this is what it must be like to hallucinate; obviously, too much walking. Then the woman proceeded to stop in front of me and lay a 3 and a half month old (I asked) TIGER on the park grass. Maybe it was just a really big, tiger-looking cat...No, it was just a baby, but it was definately one of the three that inspired an "oh my!" in the Wizard of Oz. I stopped and stared. It lay there and peed. I hope it was being treated well...

While I'm on the subject, Miss Marie (high school best friend from Ireland) came to visit us from Berlin a couple of weeks ago, and she and I got to do some touristy stuff I hadn't done yet, like visit the Kafka Museum, and the fountain in front, consisting of two naked men peeing into a Czech Republic-shaped basin. Supposedly, you can text message the number written on the side of the fountain, and the men will pee the word you messaged. Well, I sent Marie's name, twice, and it didn't work, so maybe they need to watch the local tigers more closely. We also happened upon the Wallenstein Palace and Garden, which only opens in April, so I had never seen it before. It features a man-made grotto-like wall, and Italian renaissance frescos on either side of the gardens; the fountains in this garden had no trouble peeing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home