Monday, March 27, 2006

An Australian in Prague

Wow...today is absolutely beautiful-- 17 C, according to the boy. Today is the first day since I have come to Prague that I do not want to shrivel up inside my 6 layers of clothing and sleep/eat as much chocolate as possible, but run, dance, jump for joy!!

We've had visits from two AIESEC Aussie friends of Raph's, and it was great to hear their accents, stories, and have them representing at conferences all the way over here!

Work is still too busy, I taught more than 12 hours of English last week, on top of life getting busier at La Strada...I think I will have to cut down on the English lessons, although I was able to buy a lovely piece of Bohemian Crystal because of them:-)

Kendra is coming to visit next week, and I am planning a birthday party for April 7th, a trip to Brno/Budapest for the following weekend, Kendra wants to go to Greece and Germany (eek) [hind note: didn't happen], and my birthday (Easter) weekend will be spent in the Moravian mountains with Ales and Lucka and their family and friends [hind note: didn't happen], where we will have a cultural food exchange (I will make Shepard's Pie, Raph will make Lamingtons-- all about sheep, us Aussies!), and the guys will supposedly braid (platt) fine pieces of wood to "whip" the girls with. Do the Czechs know I hit back?? We'll find out. Should be good fun;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home