Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Month of the Woman: Unpredictable (according to Bulgarian Myth)

I'm having a quarter-life crisis. But I won't bore you (and myself) with twenty-something existential dribble (Kafka). My options are: work/graduate school in NYC, or work/graduate school in Oz. I have secured none of the above, as I cannot decide which I want. So, secure first, decide later, says the Greek chorus. Why can't I just enjoy my vacation, and stop worrying about my father? says Electra. Pirates, be warned: this is your brain (hold up an egg); this is your brain on vacation for too long (drop egg on floor).

As for the Czech chorus calling you a gypsy Aruna, you just roll your eyes with patronizing exasperation, and tell them you're not a gypsy, MICHELA'S a gypsy. You're Pocahontas. Then sing "Colors of the Wind" while I bite them. :-)

4 Comments:

Blogger Patricia said...

Oz meaning Kansas, because it would really notbe fun for me if you were moving here right when I was going back to NYC.
My interviews went pretty well while I was there, but I'm looking at moving back into a free-lance world. Scary.
Good luck with school, though. Let me know how it goes.

3/02/2006 3:46 am  
Blogger Michela Illesa said...

Hey! No, Oz meaning Australia. In what field are you interviewing/freelancing? Good luck to you too!!

3/02/2006 12:52 pm  
Blogger Aruna said...

Maybe I shouldn't be offended about being called Pocahontas. In the Disney cartoon version (which is 100% true fact of course) she did get John Smith who had really sexy, angular cheekbones. I'll keep my fingers crossed that one day I too will be able to secure such a man. Oooh baby baby.

And try not to stress too much about your life crisis. Although it's annoying to wait and see--things usually do work themselves out. Either way is good, NYC life or fun and sun in Oz! At least you are not deciding between 2 crappy options ;)

3/02/2006 2:17 pm  
Blogger Michela Illesa said...

It's a total compliment to be called Pocohontas! Mel Gibson is quoted as saying he's never been so attracted to a cartoon (or something like that) and SNL's Janeane Garofalo said, "great! now women can start hating their bodies from 4 and 5 years old, instead from 14 and 15!" :-)

Thanks for the stress-therapy!

3/02/2006 2:33 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home