Wednesday, January 11, 2006

An American in Prague

Hey, someone was nice to me today! I'll have to take back all those things I said about unfriendly Czechs! I've done a lot of walking in the past few days, and found my way around the old town and the new town with a map, and just wandered around my neighbourhood without a map;)
Raph and I met up with (my former Czech teacher and friend) Krystof and a couple of his lovely friends before he ran back to the University of New Orleans, and it seems a generation of Club Andelers (housemates) are leaving, and a new one coming in.
Raph and I have a Czech-English language exchange tonight--at KFC of all places-- with a very sweet and intelligent couple named Ales and Lucka (i.e., Alex and Lucy).
Friday is our first flamenco class, and I start work tomorrow, but as you can see, I have been busy enough nonetheless!
Pictures promised soon.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ahoj michelo,
glad to hear all's well in the city of the deadpan expression. looking forward to hearing how things progress (i predict there will be many more events along the lines of the kfc language exchange to come)...

kara

1/13/2006 12:13 am  
Blogger dizzy88 said...

hehe, the city of the deadpan expression - i like that.

michela: wonderful to hear that you are settling into Prague and spending lots of time with Raph (what did you mean when you wrote that Raph has agreed to be your country?). Also it looks like you update your blog more regularly that Raph updates his so I will endeavour to come a-looking as often as i can. Meanwhile, poke raph for me, he never replies to my emails.

xxxxxxx
mel

1/17/2006 2:20 am  
Blogger Michela Illesa said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1/20/2006 5:04 pm  
Blogger Michela Illesa said...

Miss Kara: yes, I agree with Mel: "city of the deadpan expression" will live on in history. How is the NY Czech contingent holding up?

Miss Mel: at the time of that blog entry, I was feeling bi-racial, multilingual, multicultural pains, and that I didn't really have a home country. While crying on the phone to Raph, his immediate answer was "I'll be your country!" You know, silly, but-- it made me feel a lot better:) I will enjoy poking Raph for you. xxx

1/20/2006 5:08 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home