Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Afterglow...

No- not that kind, silly! Not with my Raph 4,000 miles away (Hey- that's 6,000 miles better than last year!). I mean the kind of afterglow you get when your midterms-- good and bad-- are OVER. All that's left now is working off the Halloween candy I'm going to eat, taking the Psych GRE, turning in grad school applications, finals and moving. It's difficult to imagine that I'll be finished with my degree in 7 weeks, and living somewhere other than NYC in just 9 weeks...perhaps never to return (sniff). Unlikely. But there are times when I feel I don't fit in even here, that I'm still misunderstood by... everyone, or that I somehow come across as too aggressive or over-ambitious (even to Americans!)...I tend to stick my neck out a lot (or it just sticks out naturally), so Kara's right-- I need to start learning to apologize in Czech.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, now, that wasn't what i meant. just that you should learn to apologize simultaneously with your effort to learn to swear. that way when you call some crotchety old woman at the tram stop a motherfucking whore (or whatever you're learning to say), you can meekly beg forgiveness directly afterward.

10/26/2005 6:08 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home